Little Guy Tie Pattern
I love making these little ties. They are super cute and so easy to make. I do sell the finished product occasionally at my RTS night event on Facebook, Tuesdays at 9PM EST.
Little Guy Tie Pattern (375)
Fat quarter of cotton woven print
Scissors or rotary cutter
Snaps and snap press (or velcro)
1. Wash, dry and press your fabric.
2. Cut a 15″x3″ rectangle. Set remaining fabric aside.
3. Fold ends in about 1/4″ and press. Fold rectangle in half with wrong sides together and press. Open and fold bottom edge up to the center crease, press. Then fold the top edge down to the center crease and press.
Fold at the center crease and press one final time.
4. Pin along the length of the fabric strip. Straight stitch around the entire strip for a finished look. Set aside.
5. With remaining fabric, fold in half with right sides together, pinning to secure.
6. Trace your tie pattern and cut with a rotary cutter. You will have 2 pieces.
7. With right sides together, straight stitch around the *points* of the tie. Do not stitch up the sides!
8. Trim the excess fabric off of the tip to remove the bulk.
Turn the tie right side out and poke points out with a knitting needle, pen, chopsticks or whatever you have lying around. Press the points.
9. Fold the tie in half lengthwise and pin.
10. Straight stitch up the side only, making sure to backstitch and the beginning and end. You will now have a long tube that is open at both ends.
11. Turn the tube right side out.
Flatten so that the seam is in the back center and press.
12. Now you attach the tie to the neck strap by making a loop under the neck strap and feeding the ends of the tie through the loop. Make sure to keep the small tail of the tie behind the large tail.
13. Finish by adding a few snaps to the neck strap for adjustability.
14. Put it on your little guy and admire the cuteness!